Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Messages on the Window

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For our third trip down to the coast from Oxford, we wanted to give everyone a chance to get "the message" as they approached our vehicle, passed us, or saw it sitting around parked.

At various times I change the messages with hopes of catching people's attention. And it has been working. People have come up to me to ask if I'm from Waveland, or Pearlington, or the coast. I say "no" but... and then I tell them my story and what I'm trying to accomplish with my graffiti. I give them my "business" card with my website addresses and pray they'll visit the sites and decide to go help out and also spread the word to anyone that they know.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Though we were here in Oxford for Christmas, I had two very touching encounters with people who have family on the coast. They were very appreciative of the window writing and hoped that people in general would not forget Katrina and the coast. That is one of their biggest fears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home